Saturday, August 23, 2008

Friday, August 22nd, 2008



So to Tony it’s “That fact that he seems to considers himself to be rather invincible,” “I'm not entirely sure if our father's legacy is something that I really wish to continue,” and “John has been pretty good to me.” But to his father earlier in the day, it’s “I've always rather felt you were indestructible,” “I did not betray you,” and “I have my own reasons for wanting John destroyed.” Tony, Tony, Tony…you know EJ here about as well as Lexie does, apparently. He likes that the DiEmpire is evil, and he loves Stefano. Anyone not named Sami, Johnny, Ali, or Stefano should never ever trust EJ. Damn, EJ is smart. Letting Tony think he had to con EJ into this totally leaves him underestimating EJ. “Honest power?” No such thing.



“There are some very important papers in here, all right? I will need them later on.” Dare I hope the show remembered Ali’s paternity results? And Stefano wearing an all black suit now means he’s even more evil than last time as he wore white shirts with his black suits then.



“You're not the only one who's on shaky ground when it comes to romance. It’s almost as if we were on a soap or something.”



“So, this is the famous stairwell, huh? Or should I say infamous?” Sheesh, they only have so many sets, Nicole. Lay off.



“What's that? EJ DiMera at a loss for words?” And jokes.
“Are you in love with me?” EJ wants to be loved more than anything.
“No, I am not. I didn't say that.” Of course Nicole totally doesn’t get that. It’s all about her.
“You have quite the ego. Actually, I find you pompous, kind of stuffy.” It’s called class, Nicole. But you wouldn’t recognize that if it bit you on the butt.
“You know, you're not even my type. And by the way, I don't even blame Sami for what happened.”
“Good, you shouldn’t. It's not her fault. Go ahead and blame me.”
“I was getting there. It is all you.” No, it’s not, and you saying it is just reinforces his worldview as an abuse victim. Did Sami blame EJ when he apologized to her? Of course not. She’s starting to catch on.
“You know, my first impression of you...was that you were in a class all of your own. I was dead wrong. You are a prototype, EJ.” Archetype, Nicole! Ugh!



“It's just not the same as it is with somebody else.” Yup. Better. She’s your Samantha.
“I'm a liar? I've never lied to you.”
“When have you not?” Nicole is totally right here. It is what he does.
“How about when I told you that I cared for you and I told you that I had feelings for you?”
“You know what, EJ? Is that supposed to make me feel better? I mean, you made out with Sami in the stairwell, and 20 minutes later, you have the gall to announce your half-baked feelings for me?”
“They're not half-baked. I care about you very much. I think you're wonderful. I think you're fantastic. I love being in your company. We've talked about the situation with Samantha. It's difficult. She's the mother of my child, and that means a lot to me. It means maybe more than it should mean.” Not really. You’ve always wanted a family.
“No, no, it doesn’t. It doesn't mean-you don't even know what you want, EJ.” I gotta disagree with you here, Nicole. You see, EJ is asking you to emotionally support him, which is different from his romantic love for Sami. He didn’t mention you once to Sami, yet brought up Lucas several times over. Right now he wants you to reassure him because he can’t do it himself. That’s what he’s saying. You aren’t listening.



You know, I went from uncontrollable rage at Ejole yesterday to amusement at Ejole today. Why? He looks like he’s about to cry, and she yells at him? For the second time, EJ’s shown his true emotional self to Nicole, and she’s immediately recoiled, dumped him, and literally run away. EJ is an open wound, and it’s way too much for Nicole to handle. Now she keeps coming back because she thinks these moments are exceptions to the rule, so it’s going to have to happen at least one more time for her to see that they are in fact the norm, that EJ’s always going to be like this. Being with him is to be drowned in his neverending need for constant reassurance and emotional intimacy. The only woman who can handle that for very long is Sami. With EJ, she’s not smothered, she’s special as she finally gets to be first after all these years. They truly are a perfect match.



“Yeah, well, to be frank, I never found much to admire about the man.” Me neither.
“You know, he and Marlena, they make quite a pair-malevolent, destructive. Well, vengeance will be mine, Rolf. And it will be sweet.” Oh, someone who hates J&M even more than I do!



“Of course I do. I am going to raise up a whole new generation of DiMeras, Rolf. More powerful and invincible than ever.” You keep forgetting prettiest, Stefano.
“The vendetta will live on, you see, in the next generation and generations after that.” And here’s the heart of it. Technically with Colleen dead, the vendetta should be over. But it’s never been about Santo and Colleen or John and Marlena or whoever; it’s always been about Stefano. Dude’s a bad guy. Since he’s a sociopath, he likes messing with people. Having a vendetta just gives him an excuse to do so.



EJ is not built to support himself emotionally, and as such, you can hear in his voice how drained he is here between Sami admitting she cares about him, Stefano waking up, and Nicole dumping him again. And unlike, say Nicole, Sami notices and gets the stuff out of the car, gets a bottle for Ali, and puts the twins to bed herself. She’s totally starting to understand what he needs, even if she’s not aware of that yet.



“Thank God for these two, eh?”
“Are they both asleep? Oh, they're so peaceful looking.” Happy Ejami family!



“This upset you-this broken chess piece. Why?” I did not like the phrasing of this. We can see that it’s broken, sheesh.
“It's the queen. You know, Stefano used to call my mom the Queen of the Night? I mean, this was his-you don't know about any of this?”
“No.” I buy this. EJ would have encyclopedic knowledge about the Bradys otherwise, but not about Stefano’s love life.
“This is Stefano’s doing. I mean, this proves that he's been here in this house. But you knew that, didn't you? That's what you thought when we first walked in, isn't it? You-you knew he had been here. Admit it.”
“Samantha, we don't know anything for certain.” Oh, you most certainly do, EJ.
“What we do know is that this place is no longer safe. Obviously Stefano has been here, and we have to get the kids and get the hell out of here right now.” As a unit!



“Okay, so, to us...standing strong against the forces of an evil, deceitful, egotistical woman who, for some unknown reason, is able to get decent, intelligent, sexy men-one with a really cute British accent-wrapped around her little finger with no trouble at all.” And there’s your mistake, Nicole. EJ is not a decent man.
“Yes, it was just a crush.” Yes. An extremely annoying one.
“You know, and as much as I detest Sami, I blame him for succumbing to Sami's charms or whatever the hell it is he succumbed to. And I told him, too. I told him how disappointed I am in him. Disappointed-I'm furious with him, I mean, for making me believe that I could trust him, and then he turned his back on me.” *shakes head* You don’t understand EJ at all, Nicole. All he’s done is help you, and the instant he asks you for one of the few things he needs in return, you berate him and run away. Twice! Just admit to yourself that he smothers you, that he needs what you will not give.
“Ugh, there's no need to do anything.” Good, less for me to fast forward.
“Sami always eventually shoots herself in the foot. I mean, has she ever been in a happy relationship? Has she ever made anyone happy?” Before she was always chasing men who truly wanted someone else. That’s not the case with EJ.



“Wait? For what? For Stefano to come back and kidnap our child?” Not what he’s going for this time around, Sami. Otherwise he would have done it already and not bothered setting you two up in the stairwell.
“Let me take care of this. I'll talk to John, and I will double the security measures on the house.” Considering that people just keep walking in whenever they want, I’d suggest you start with an automatic deadbolt on the front door.



“Samantha, I'm not gonna let you or those twins out of my sight, but I am not going to run away. My father does not drive my family out of our home.” Exactly. EJ does love Stefano, but Sami and the twins do come first. Yet the fact that he won’t run away with them shows what EJ is really going for here. No more settling. “Our home” and “my family” indeed.



“Okay, EJ, Look, I understand how you feel.” More progress!
“I do, but this isn't our home.” Ah, but it is. Daniel has your apartment, remember?
“Come on, it's John's, right? He inherited it from Stefano. Let them figure it out. Let's you and I get the kids and get the hell out of here.” As a unit again!



“The police? They're so ineffectual when it comes to my father.” Along with everything else. Oh, how I miss Officer Chuck so.



EJ chose to finish Stefano’s drink. Tony, you are so screwed.



“John's not gonna be the master of this house for very much longer.” Oh yeah baby!
“What does that mean?” Good times, Sami. Good times.
“There's the happy couple.” Yes, they are!
“Lucas, would you do me a favor and go back from wherever it is you came from?” Another prime insult opportunity totally wasted. Arrrgh! And I can’t take Lucas seriously with that really fake injury on his face. Not that I ever could, I’m just saying.

Grade: Ejami A, EJ and Tony B, Ejole C. Seriously, don’t worry about Ejole. While it’s entirely annoying to sit through and sadly not over yet, EJ’s going to keep unintentionally scaring away Nicole just by being himself as he’s much too much emotionally for her. And with Lucas popping up here, it’s clear that originally we would have had Lumi and Ejole for months as Ejami fought over Johnny. That would have taken forever and killed the show in the meantime, which is why TPTB axed the Ejami custody fight and had Stefano hasten Lumi’s demise and move Ejami forward with clothing sex. So now we’re getting a vastly shortened version of the same plot with Lumi being kept open by a technicality at this point (Ali’s paternity), and Sami almost at the point where she’ll keep EJ away from Nicole. Sami’s never had a problem getting her man; it’s been keeping him that hasn’t stuck as she was always their second choice. But EJ is different. Unlike Dallas, Brandon, or Lucas, she is the woman of his dreams…his Samantha. Once she gives herself completely to him, it will be as he said last February, “you and I are bound together forever.” She just needs to step up, love him, and completely support him emotionally, and she’s starting to do so bit by bit. And I’m loving how the DiEmpire stuff is coming along with EJ playing multiple sides. He wants Sami and the twins, his father, and the DiEmpire all on his own terms. Way to go for the brass ring, EJ!

1 comment:

  1. You betcha, Carpe! EJ is definitely going his own way on this one and will settle for nothing less than the brass ring.

    EJ is dashing, devilish, debonair, daring and dazzling!

    ReplyDelete