Saturday, August 23, 2008

Friday, August 15th, 2008



20 years exiled on an island, and Tony hallucinates that Stefano is disappointed in him? Someone still cares about his dad.



“EJ-EJ, you have to be okay. EJ, please. Please. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for everything I said. I'm-I'm sorry. I know it's not your fault. I know you didn't do this. Okay. I know it's not your fault. I know it was because of Stefano, and I'm so sorry I said those things to you, but you have to help me, remember? You promised that you'd help me fight Stefano, and you'd help me get out of here. Please-please, EJ, you have to be okay, and “I'm so sorry. EJ, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything I said. I'm so sorry. I didn't know it was you. I'm so sorry. Please-please, you can't leave me. You have to be okay. EJ, I'm sorry. My-my life won't be the same without you. Please. Please! Please.” This was great. Not only because of the admission that Sami wants EJ in her life, but because it’s so typical Sami. She’s such a spaz. I love it.



Okay, so to check for injuries, Sami completely undoes his shirt and then instead of seeing that he’s obviously breathing, she puts her hand up to his mouth to check? Apparently Sami learned first aid from Playgirl.



I found it odd that banging his head turned EJ into Hugh Grant temporarily. His voice usually isn’t this high pitched.



“You said that you couldn't imagine your life without me,” “This is the right time. This is exactly the right place,” “Samantha, would you please look at me? I just want to know if you meant it,” “That's not what I'm asking. You know that's not what I'm asking, all right? I would like to know where you and I stand, and I'd also like to know where you stand with Lucas,” and “Come on, Samantha. It's about a lot more than that. You know it is.” EJ is relentless. He knows Sami loves him, and he’s not going to stop until she finally opens the door and lets him in.



“Look, Lucas came back, and I focused on that and him and what he had seen, and I just was desperate to make sure we reconnected, because I wanted us to get back together, and that's all I thought about, and so I-”
“That's why you-so you pushed me away. Is that what you're saying? That's what you're saying.”
“Well, I forced myself to ignore everything else-to ignore how I felt about you and about what happened that night.” This is a total retcon. None of the last two months happened like this, but hey, whatever. Maybe if you squint.
“Look, that night changed everything. Maybe it was a mistake that we had sex, but I can't take it back. I can't change what happened. I can't change how I feel about you. Then I have to stop lying to myself about it.” Yes! Finally! Sami is admitting her feelings for EJ!


“And now...what are your feelings, huh?” See, what did I tell you?
“Samantha, did you mean it? Come on. Please. Did you mean it?”
“Yeah. Yeah, I did.”
“Thank you.” Yes, thank you, show! Yea!



“Really, Nicole, you should have seen this coming. Ejole was an obstacle couple at best.”



EJ can always calm Sami. As she’s said herself, he is her rock, her pillar of strength.



“I'd really like to know how you feel about Lucas. I mean, right here, now.” And here’s the start of some really crap dialogue. Way too direct. Who talks like this?
“I love him...and I always will. But he doesn't...want to have anything to do with me, and I have to deal with that and...move on.” Finally. We were talking next ice age at the rate you were going, Sami
“Do you think that...I mean, Lucas saying this was part of the reason that you realized that you had these feelings for me?” Way to confuse the issue, writers.
“I didn't say that. No, that's not how it is.” Exactly!
“I mean, how is it?” Argh!
“I don't know. I mean, you were lying there on the floor, and I thought you were dead, and I thought I had killed you, and... I guess just a lot of things hit me, you know, all at once.” Yeah, “things.” Please.
“Well, things like what?” That’s what I’d like to know.
“I don't know. Just... maybe that anything's possible. I'm sorry. I can't promise you anything more than that.” I know it’s been only two days since Lumi broke up, but way to barely take the bar off of the floor, Sami.
“No, that's fine. That's a lot more that what I hoped for.” Oh, damn. This line sucks! Seriously, EJ is not this pathetic. He lacks self-identity, not self-esteem.



“Can we just stay like this? EJ, just tell me everything's gonna be okay.” Finally Sami is giving back to EJ. He loves this sort of emotional closeness.
“Sure. Everything's gonna be okay.” And it will be. See? EJ is thinking.



Does this look like the veritable cover of a romance novel or what?



Clothing sex. For his pleasure.



Turnabout is fair play, Nicole.

Grade: A-. Honestly, I had to rewatch this episode to really appreciate it. It starts and ends very strong, but the middle is much weaker than it could have been due to the crap dialogue. It’s too nonspecific and direct, and someone doesn’t know the difference between needy and pathetic. EJ is needy because he has no self-identity, so he requires Sami to support him emotionally. He is not pathetic because he has very high self-esteem, the very definition of confidence and arrogance. The lines in here are in the right neighborhood for him, but the wrong side of the street. Hopefully they’ll get it right next time. I did like how EJ didn’t mention Nicole once because as far as he’s concerned, only Lucas is in the way. As we already know, he doesn’t give a crap about Nicole and was only using her to get Sami. Overall, there was a lot to like here, especially the cuddling, the kiss, and the clothing sex. It’s also so gratifying to see Sami make progress at long last. She’s let Lucas go and admitted she has feelings for EJ. Now she just has to accept that she loves him. Finally, while he may have coughed a lot, I find it interesting that in the end, EJ’s the one who hasn’t hallucinated anything. The heir, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment