Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Et tu, Mr. Guns?



Mr. Excited:

Friends, Ejammers, lurkers, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Mr. Rolleyes, not to praise him;
The evil that emoticons do lives after them,
The good is oft interred with their file sizes,
So let it be with Mr. Rolleyes...The noble Mr. Guns
Hath told you Mr. Rolleyes was negative:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Mr. Rolleyes answered it...
Here, under leave of Mr. Guns and the rest,
(For Mr. Guns is a positive smiley;
So are they all; all positive smileys)
Come I to speak in Mr. Rolleyes funeral...
He was my friend, faithful, and just to me:
But Mr. Guns says he was negative;
And Mr. Guns is a positive smiley….
He hath brought many jokes home to this thread,
Whose laughs did the general population fill:
Did this in Mr. Rolleyes seem negative?
When that the writing has cried, Mr. Rolleyes hath wept:
Negativity should be made of sterner stuff:
Yet Mr. Guns says he was negative;
And Mr. Guns is a positive smiley.
You all did see that on the New Year
I thrice presented him a new graphic,
Which he did thrice refuse: was this negative?
Yet Mr. Guns says he was negative;
And, sure, he is a positive smiley.
I speak not to disprove what Mr. Guns spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love him once, not without cause:
What cause withholds you then to mourn for him?
O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And smileys have lost their reason…. Bear with me;
My heart is in the jpeg there with Mr. Rolleyes,
And I must pause till it come back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment