Sunday, October 12, 2008

Monday, October 6th, 2008



While his beloved Elvis can raise Johnny as a DiMera in every other way, having been brainwashed himself, EJ doesn’t have the awareness to do that to his son. So Stefano knows he has to take care of that task, and he’s wasting no time. The “Art of War” indeed.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T_U9-_Mgp0

Sleep and dream of this
Death angel’s kiss
Brings final bliss
Completely



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBoGNnquY6o

Crawl from the wreckage one more time
Horrific memory twists the mind



“If that's it, then how did I end up in your shirt?”
“I don't know. Leave me alone. I wanted you to be comfortable.” Yes, being undressed by your ex-husband without your consent while you’re unconscious isn’t creepy at all. Way to disturb me, Days.
“You're in love with EJ.” Oh, yeah, baby! She has been for some time.
“And I'm in love with Chloe.” Eh, that’s not going to last.
“Then, if you're done keeping secrets, maybe it's time that you told EJ, the man that you love, that you're pregnant with his child.” As much as I agree with the message here, would Lucas really be this supportive and reasonable?



“You give me your word that you had nothing to do with Samantha disappearing?” Because Stefano is so trustworthy, EJ.
“You have my word.” Wait for it.
“All right.” See? EJ just accepts that lame answer. Decades of conditioning there. He likes obeying his father.
“Because she doesn't just disappear, leave Johnny, and not tell me where she's gone. Mary says that the bed hasn't been slept in.” Why don’t you go look for yourself?
“She was acting very strangely when I saw her last night. I've got this meeting I need to get to anyway. If she hasn't called here by the time I leave, I guess I'll start calling around,” and “I can't miss this meeting.” Yet again, I miss Evil EJ. He’d just have one of his minions cancel, not that he would have lost Sami in the first place. And he wouldn’t have a day job that got in the way of his personal life either.
“As I said, I would be only too happy to watch my grandson.” Repetition is important to learning!



“I need more time.”



“THERE IS NO TIME!”



“I just have to figure out a few things, you know, where EJ sands with Nicole and Stefano.” You and the show!
“You know, you can take as much time as you'd like, but, if I were you, I'd tell him soon. 'Cause like it or not, you're starting to show.” Ah, soaps. Don’t even bother to try to figure out the timeline here because with those three weeks in August comprising one day in Salem and all of September another, it’s screwed.



Prince called. He wants his suit back.



“Okay, I'm gonna take Johnny with me.” EJ, that only works on airline commercials advertising business class.
“No, look, I wish you would reconsider leaving him with me. Let the boy have his sleep, for goodness sake. Besides, you told me your meeting is at Chez Rouge, and that place is too noisy, anyway.” Having built him himself, Stefano is a master at working EJ.
“All right.” See?
“Let the boy enjoy his nap.” Softening language makes commands sound more like pleasant suggestions.
“I don't like this, okay? I may not have much of a choice, but I don't like this.” EJ, you left Johnny with Stefano at the beginning of this very episode. And don’t say that he wasn’t alone with him either. Like Invisible Maid and Epilepsy John could do anything if Stefano had wanted to go anywhere with him.
“He's upstairs. He's asleep. If he wakes up, just give him a bottle.”
“I know how to take care of my grandson.” I would think so. He is your father, EJ.
“Fine. If you have any problems or if Samantha appears, you call me. Okay?” Okay!
“Of course. You have nothing to worry about.” Nope. Just more conditioning.
“Okay. Thank you.” As if Stefano is doing EJ a favor. The guy is good.



And look who gave EJ his interest in reading the paper.



Empty baby carriage again, and I have no idea what’s up with the retro wardrobe. And no Lumi flirting!



Gotta love the ever convenient cell and text reception. The plot controls the satellites.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5KRkN9Wx_4


Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won’t you be my soldier?



Johnny is adorable!



And you just know Stefano did this kind of stuff with EJ when he was little too. Awwww!



“What the hell are you doing with my son?” What does it look like?
“Oh, calm down, Samantha. Calm, calm, all right? I just took Giovanni for a little walk.” No, it was DiMera history conditioning time.
“In a cemetery?” It’s totally metal.
“All right, it's a little strange, but I wanted to introduce him to his forefathers.” That too.
“You are such a freak!” Sociopaths usually are.



“I'm a freak? What about you? What are you doing here?” Ah, good one, Stefano.
“I wish I had been praying for a stake so I could drive it through your heart right now while I have the chance.”



“He's a reverse vampire! They crave the sun!”



“Elvis asked me to babysit.” No, you tricked him into it.
“No, he wouldn't. He knows how I feel.” EJ is not having a smart day, Sami.
“Look, I will admit I was not his first choice. But he had a very important meeting to go to, and there was no one around, including Giovanni's mother.” Ah, burn!
“Then he should have asked someone else, anyone, anyone else.” Like who? Your mom? She doesn’t even want to see you. Ah, I slay me.
“That is ridiculous. I am the child's grandfather, all right? It is important that I spend time with him because there comes a day when my grandchildren will carry on my legacy.” Exactly. Evil doesn’t work itself.



“It's not like he's going to hurt him, Samantha. He looked after both the twins before.”
“What if he took him? What if he took Johnny, and we never saw our son again?”
“Look, he assured me he's not going to do that.” Why would he? With you two running around not parenting, he can condition Johnny at his leisure right in Salem.



“You and Elvis belong together. And I hope that one day soon you and Elvis will bless me with more heirs. In fact, I hope that day comes very soon, very soon indeed.” ICAM!



“Sorry for ditching you, EJ, but I can't deal with you right now. I think Stefano knows I'm pregnant.” Could you have reacted more obviously? He was testing you, and you failed.
“What am I gonna do?” Oh, I dunno, TELL EJ!

Grade: B-. Sami, Stefano, and Johnny were all on the mark, but EJ’s characterization is still very off. Too good and too dumb. Can we re-evil him and get his IQ back into the triple digits here, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment