Monday, February 11, 2008

Friday, February 8th, 2008



So the last names we’re currently going with are Horton and DiMera, respectively. At least until TPTB change their minds again.



“No, Mommy, I want to stay with Daddy. And those are some fugly pajamas you’re wearing.”



“Oh, he is cute, isn’t he?”



EJ actually sleeping on camera. Excellent. Now get going on that shower scene, TPTB.



Loved you responding to the baby remark, Good EJ. Keep it up! You really are just as funny as Evil EJ, you just make fewer jokes.



I need a DVD of this.



Okay, I didn’t actually watch any of Max’s surprise birthday party here, but this is exactly the kind of plot Days’ needs. Soaps are supposed to be escapist fantasies, and that means fun, entertaining events like parties.



Good EJ reading the paper?! Hmmm…I wonder what other Evil EJ traits will surface…heh heh heh.



I have to give James credit here. He’s always great with props, but he especially handles the food and drink in a believable way that few actors bother with. The attention to detail helps with my suspension of disbelief, and I really appreciate it.



“She’s not yours, EJ. Lucas is her father until TPTB reveal otherwise. Never mind that you’re her stepfather because they are totally downplaying that we’re still legally married right now.”



“Previously I’d just put up with your berating, but I found this hidden in the back of my suitcase.”





“What is up with all the shots through windows now? You can’t even see us!”
“Eh, Y&R again. Nick and Sharon spending time together during the summer of Cassie’s death in their house on the Newman Estate was all like this.”



“I’m sorry that I made you cry.” I’m not. Yes, Sami, Lucas is a moron, and EJ should point that out to you. You “love” a very, very stupid individual.





“Sherman, set the wayback machine to September 1st, 2006.”
“Yes, sir, Mr. Peabody!”



“Now, Sherman, we also need to stop at August 24th, 2006, before we return to the present.”
“Okay, Mr. Peabody!”



Can you say soulmates?



“My beautiful angel, I am so sorry about deceiving you and making you believe my wife was deceased.”
“And I’m sorry for fakin’ me death, raising our child alone, and never speakin’ with ye again.”



“Oh, Santo, I’ve missed yer lips on mine so much…but what about yer wife? Ain’t she up here in the Lord’s care as well?”
“That she is, but do not worry, my love. We will introduce her to your brother Shawn when he passes next week.”

The Grade:



Finally! Breakthrough! Santeen got a nice (if cheesy IMHO) sendoff, and the Ejami relationship was quickly reset to friends in a pleasing and organic manner. I loved the harkening back to Summer Ejami with the comforting, hugging, tea, talking on the couch, and stares. Prince Charming the White Knight is back! How long can Sami resist him? I was so surprised by this episode. Man, Days, you keep this up, and I won’t have anything to complain about. A.

No comments:

Post a Comment