Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thursday, May 29th, 2008



“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” “I’m not being deceptive about Samantha if that’s what you mean.” Oh, sure you aren’t.



“I think he’s going to end up in a halfway house somewhere making brooms or something, and instead the guy is living in my house.” That’s right, EJ, your house. And yes, scheming is both an art and a science. You have to ride the tide.



“I’m going to be the perfect father to my son, the perfect gentleman to her, and the best friend she could ever want to have” “And in the end she’s going to end up in my bed, and Lucas is going to be left outside.” Woo hoo!
“But I can tell you I'm gonna show Samantha there's more to life than that poison dwarf.” Oh, most definitely.
“Look, I treat her completely differently than Lucas does. I treat Samantha like a woman. He treats her like the little schoolgirl that he started seeing all those years ago.” You are correct, sir!
“Look at their relationship. It’s completely volatile. They’re basically the same person, just a bundle of raw nerves and energy.” While I don’t agree that Sami and Lucas are the exactly same, I totally agree with the point you’re making here about their natural temperaments, EJ. Sami and Lucas feed each other’s anger and insecurities; that’s why Lumi always been a more off than on relationship.
“And you are all easy charm and affable manipulation.”
“Precisely.” It’s the textbook definition of covert Evil EJ!
“I’m just going to show Samantha that I’m a lot more of an adult than Lucas is.” Not a hard task, EJ. Not a hard task.
“I can’t take her away from him, so I’m going to have to get her to come to me.” Yup. You already tried the hard sell this time last year; now it’s time for the soft sell. Summer EJ front all the way.



“But where would we find a woman to sleep with me?” Oh, how I laughed at this line.
“If I was not in love with Samantha, I would sleep with you in a heartbeat.” Yes, Evil EJ likes the ladies, and he has a loose definition of lady as that apparently includes Nicole. But none compare to his Samantha.
“It might send her running into Lucas' arms. She does kind of hate you enough to then hate me, you know?” EJ is a smart, smart man.
“It’s not gonna happen.” Yes, EJ, the show has changed. Back in the day, that’s exactly what would happen. You’d sleep with Nicole while still chasing Sami. Sami and Lucas would reconcile and stay together. Eventually you’d give up and start calling Nicole your soulmate because this show idiotically used to think that settling was somehow romantic and not abjectly depressing.

Grade: B-. I cannot believe that this is what everyone got so bent out of shape about. EJ is barely flirting with Nicole here. Compare this to him with Kate or the bar chick in Mexico. Anyway, EJ was cute getting plastered but what really interested me was how insightful he was. As if we needed any more proof that this is covert Evil EJ. He encourages Nicole to disparage Chloe so she can marry Philip for his money, insults Lucas, nails the Lumi dynamic, and states that he going to make Sami choose him. Ah, evilness. Who needs golden or fairytale couple? It’s so much more fun this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment