Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Not So Great Escape

Stefano and Lucas get impatient and decide to escape their cell.

Stefano: "Now, Lucas, how are we going to get out of this cage?"

Lucas (whining): "Why do I have to come up with the plan? Aren't you the criminal mastermind?"

Stefano (annoyed): "We are brainstorming here. I want to hear what you have to say. And I am a legitimate businessman, Lucas."

Lucas (unconvinced): "Sure you are. Anyway, I don't have a clue. This place is rock solid. There's no getting out."

Stefano (encouraging): "Think hard. You have to have some idea."

Lucas (hesitant): "I dunno...oh wait, maybe we could tie string around the bars and saw our way out."

Stefano (incredulous): "What? That will never work! Where did you get such a stupid idea?"

Lucas (explaining): "It was this movie."

Stefano (sarcastic): "Oh, well, in that case, excellent. Because the cinema always depicts reality with 100% accuracy."

Lucas (defensive): "Lay off, old man! You wanted an idea, and I gave you one."

Stefano (waving his hand): "Alright, alright. You have a point. Now, did this inane plan of yours actually work in the movie?"

Lucas (recalling): "Nah, I don't think so. He was still in there at the end. No, wait, did I watch the whole movie? Was that the ending?"

Stefano (putting his head in his hands): "Now I understand, Elvis. Now I understand."

No comments:

Post a Comment